Friday, March 16, 2012

Digging in Dirt

One of my goals is to plant more fruit trees for fresh produce.  Honey flow is another important consideration - my bees need to eat!  Getting the honey flow started in the springtime requires flowering  trees.  The first trees in our area to flower are the oaks around the end of January, early February and then the elms, maples and finally the dogwood and fruit trees.  I need flowering trees for the bees to last throughout the springtime and early summer until there are sufficient grasses and other plants to provide nectar.  Finally blocking the ugly metal building that my neighbor put in their side yard that faces my bee yard is another reason for my new pear trees.  I'm digging in dirt this weekend.  Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment