Thursday, January 5, 2012

Little Dogs who watch over you at Night

There is a new blessing in my life; who knew that my Hubby and I would ever sleep with an animal?  We are definitely getting more daring in our dotage.  My Mom and my Hubby's Mom allowed NO INSIDE ANIMALS, E-V-E-R.  It was enough to have stinky boys messing up the house; girls rock so  no stinky girls but always stinky boys!  Mike and I have had an inside dog, Brody, since our oldest daughter's sophomore year of college.  What a delight an inside pet brings to your life!  However, Brody suffered post traumatic stress disorder from a very bad leg fracture in his young "before - us" life.  He enjoys being kenneled at night and makes nary a fuss about it.  Unlike the new kid on the block, Charley, who hates being kenneled at night and makes such a big ruckus about it that we've let him out.  And it has been wonderful.  I feel so protected.  Caesar  Milan (the Dog Whisperer) says that all dogs must feel that they are working at some type of job in order to be happy.  Charley is so much more content.  He keeps watch over us and Brody each night.  He is the perfect little dog; ...well, almost.  He still has some poot and pee issues to resolve, but we're working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment