Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits

I love the Pooh Bear!  Sadly, Eeyore is more my style these last months.  Life has been tragic lately for my family.  We lost my Dad in April.  From my Dad I learned that any soil can be improved and made to support life.  I also learned my love of all things gardening.  He planted much too large gardens and he could have fed the entire Tennessee Valley.  I've spent more time than I care to think hoeing in the hot Alabama sun corn fields spread across 10 acres.

Then we lost my dear Aunt Faye in June.  She loved flowers and always had such a beautiful yard that neighbors would stop and comment on the color.  From my Aunt I learned that flowers and vegetables are companion plants - one does not need to exclude the other in the home garden or lawn.

And now my Step Mom is ill and not thriving.  Failure to thrive is another way to say she is dying.  It is sad and I've cried lots of tears but such is life and we grow on.  I'm taking some time to be with her as much as I can.  Other things can wait for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment