Monday, January 19, 2015

2015 Objectives

I am big on planning your journey in life.  Nothing happens by chance.  If you want it, you plan for it, and you revisit your growth goals on a regular basis to stay on course and adjust as needed.

My ten personal 2015 goals in no particular order:

1) Walk more plus exercise 30 minutes every other day in addition to walking at least 5,000 steps each day.  Fitbit makes this easy to track.

2) Eat healthy snacks - goodbye junk snacks. Hello more home grown produce and gardening!  I will begin my raised bed gardens in February this year.  I have green onions, radishes, and lettuce mix seeds ready to plant.

3) Scrapbook more - so many pictures, so many papers, so little time! At the end of the year, I want to give scrapbooks as gifts to my family.

4) Spend more time golfing. Shave off 6 strokes for a better golf handicap and play in the local chapter championship.  Can't wait to get out to the golf course to try my new petite woman's clubs!

5) Stress less; practice yoga more.  Gout is a painful form of arthritis.  Acute and chronic at times, my gout is aggravated by stress.   Even cutting out all meat, shellfish and beer doesn't help if the stress level remains too high.  Lately I've been walking with glass shards piercing my toes.  Gout causes uric acid to remain in your bloodstream and get deposited in joints like knees and toes.  Gout symptoms are always exacerbated after any particularly stress-filled period, which in this case was the death of my sister.  Miss her so much even though we rarely agreed.  Not a day goes by that I don't want to talk to her.

6) Set up multiple streams of income; this is a pre-retirement plan to have sufficient income once I don't work full-time.  My Etsy business is  "Ladies Tees and Such" and I am working to stock it.  Nothing in there yet.  Also will be on Tradesy and E-bay.  Considering renting a local booth at an antique mall.   (I get the retirement question all the time:  when are you retiring?  Answer:  I will always work at something. Work is critical to my well-being.)  I have sold z-e-r-o e-books, so that is a 2014 disappointment but I will continue to add to my e-books list.  Never give up!

7) Continue to improve musically; I have specific goals like better breath control and phrasing in voice and playing my flute at Church.

8) Create a waterfall add-on to our little pond and landscape around it to make it a true oasis to enjoy in the morning and evening.

9) Explore new cooking techniques and cuisines;  take some vegetarian cooking classes.

10) Do spiritual journalling.  I love to write and I love Jesus; I am fascinated by allowing the Holy Spirit to write through me.

As far as my 3 - dog farm objectives:  I am getting out of beekeeping.  After much thought, I realize that my property does not sustain enough nectar sources to keep bees.  I will be selling my hives and equipment.  Sad about that but it is the only conclusion I can make after trying for 5 years to keep bees.  I will post an inventory of every thing I have bee-related and a estimated price for it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment